This page contains various resources to simplify and speed up proposal writing. The files and their contents can be used and adapted for the respective proposal types (e.g. NSF, NIH) or components (e.g. outreach, broader impact activities).
1. Helpful resources from the Office of Sponsored Projects:
2. General resources:
"What should be included in a letter of inquiry" from Grantspace website [accessed 10/22/18]
(NB: In the Foundation world, "letter of inquiry" is synonymous with "letter of intent.")
3. Example files for NSF Fastlane submissions:
4. NIH resources
What Happens To Your NIH Proposal (NIH-created video)
NIH Peer Review Revealed (NIH-created video -- mock panel discussion)
Ten Top Q&As for NIH Applications (NIH-created video)
"All About Grants" Podcasts (NIH-created series)
Apply to become a reviewer for NIH
Yang, Otto. Guide to Effective Grant Writing: How to Write a Successful NIH Grant Application, 2nd edition. Springer Verlag. 2012.
5. Shared research facilities
6. Outreach and broader impact activities
7. Links to tools for creating proposal materials